Tuesday 20 February 2018

Pass the pick-up lines

It's that time of the year I get to play my favorite game - pass the parcel! Well, I've only ever played it once in my life, this was with the Sheffield community back in 2013. I loved the game so much so that afterwards, I made sure I created and facilitated this game every. single. Ayyam-i-há!

In case you're not familiar with the game, it's basically a ball with layers and layers of little gifts. Everyone sits in a circle and passes the parcel round while the music is playing. When the music stops, whoever has the ball should unwrap one layer and he/she gets the prize. Then continue with the music, pass the parcel round, stop, open... again and again until you reach the last gift. 

This year I'm spicing it up a little bit... well, more like humour-ing it a little bit. Each gift inside the parcel has a little pick-up line/pun that matches the gift. 

Are you coffee?
Because you woke up my heart that was sleeping

Do you have a license?
Because you're driving me nuts!



Did you eat sugar?
Because you have a sweet smile.
Are you Safeguard?
Because I'm germs and I'm 99.9% madly in love with you.

(Safeguard's tagline claims to kill 99.9% germs on your skin lol)

If I have a shop, I'd sell everything cheap to everyone except you
because you're the only one I love. 

(mahal has two meanings in Tagalog: love and expensive)

Do you cook Pancit Canton a lot?
Because whenever I'm with you, I feel "Lucky Me"


These pick-up lines are so funny, right? Do you have any more?
I can't think of anything else because all I ever think about is you.

You'll only get the next two if you understand Tagalog:
Are you tea? Because I was struck by you. 
The word struck is correctly spelt "tinamaan"

Are you mango?
Because I want the love I feel to be coming from you. 

The word mango (MANGGA) is in MANGGAgaling (coming from)


After posting these on facebook, a friend suggested some funny, EXPENSIVE suggestions:
1. Are you Wifi? 
Because I feel a connection
Gift: Pocking wifi

2. Are you a tower?
Because Eiffel for you. 
Gift: Round trip ticket to Paris

Apart from these, there are a couple of chocolate bars in the parcel, and attached to each is a little dare, eg. If you want to have this chocolate: you should sing your favorite song; you should tell a joke and make everyone laugh; you should stand up and dance and get everyone to copy your dance moves!

More ideas on how to celebrate Ayyam-i-ha on my blog post from last year (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment