Sunday 28 January 2018

Nine Souls (Part 4)

Nine Souls.
Nine Stories.



Your happiest memory:
[this portion has been deleted]


Your saddest memory:
Steff
"One of my saddest memories was finding out my Dad had died.
We were already aware of his weak health conditions, but his death seemed so sudden. Yet, there's always a relief in knowing that he no longer has to deal with the emotional and physical struggles that he had to endure during his last few years. My family and I continue to pray for his soul in the next world."


Your angriest memory:
Munirrih
"A long time ago when we were still living in the province, someone used to gossip a lot about my mother and she even used to say foul words towards my mother. She used to do that a lot, but I have this particular memory that I can't forget. One time when she was behaving that way to my Mom, I got very angry. I yelled back at the lady and I even felt like throwing the table at her. I wanted to confront her and ask why she's always gossiping about my Mom. That's when I noticed that I was becoming a different person every time I got angry. Since then, I told myself I will never act that way again."


Your funniest memory:
Joker
"When I was in Grade 1, there was a girl who was taller than me and sort of a bully. She'd get angry at me, shout at me and whenever I'd run away from her, she would chase me. I would run and run, cross the river and reach the next Barangay and she would still be chasing after me. Whenever she catches me, she would beat me up. One time, while she was beating me, I found a 5-Peso coin on the ground. I picked it up and I was so happy that I even forgot that she was beating me. I wasn't reacting or minding what she was doing because I was so focused on the coin. She got annoyed and just left."


Your most romantic memory:
David
"I remember when I first met my wife in Malaysia. When I first saw her, I thought her face was flawless and smooth. She was beautiful and sexy, and only 28 years old. I started having feelings for her at first sight. I started talking to her and I also requested her for a picture, and later she gave me her photograph. I went back to the Philippines and we continued to communicate through letters because there were no mobile phones that time. I still have the photo she gave me. We've been married for 19 years now."


A childhood memory:
Merly
"I remember my first crush back in Grade 6. 
I remember feeling happy whenever I saw him. 
But that only lasted a few months. After that, nothing."


Your most embarrassing memory:
Bobot
"One time when I was in Grade school, I skipped class and went to the river to swim instead. Then my teacher visited our house to ask my parents why I was absent, so my parents found out I had lied about being in school. My Dad whipped my butt in front of my teacher. 10 whips. Each time he made me count. One. Two. Three. Ten times. In front of my teacher."


A memory you regret:
Jerome
"I didn't study hard back in college. I didn't take it seriously. Instead, I spent my time playing computer games, watching TV and hanging out with my friends. Now, I'm working and I'm also studying again, related to my work. Now studying feels really hard. I wish I had studied hard back when I was younger. I feel like I wasted those chances. Anyways, I also believe better late than never."


A memory you've never shared:
Raquel
"Ten years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 1 cancer. Cancer in my ovaries. I only told my family and a few close friends. Some of my friends overseas helped me finance my hospital expenses. Two years later, my husband suddenly passed away. My friends were all shocked; they thought I had died."