Tuesday 27 September 2016

Baha'i-inspired ART!

"O My Servants!
Ye are the trees of my garden; ye must give forth goodly and wondrous fruits, 
that ye yourselves and others may profit thereform. Thus is it incumbent on everyone to 
engage in crafts and professions, for therein lies the secret of wealth, O men of understanding! 
For results depend upon means, and the grace of God shall be all-sufficient to you. 
Trees that yield no fruit have been and will ever be for the fire." 
-Baha'u'llah, The Hidden Words.
***

I'm one of those who loves to click #Bahai on Instagram and browse through all all the pictures with that tag! Through the tag, I've come across so many Baha'i artists around the world whose art I really enjoy and absolutely love! I'm going to share with you some of my favorite Baha'i-inspired art works!

1) Elika Mahony's bookmarks with gorgeous beads!

See more
2) Dr Smile's "sometimes I make jewellery". I've been following Alex Rawhani on instagram a few years now - he's a dentist, musician, model...I enjoy his weekend posts of his children's and junior youth classes in South Africa. There was this one post he made many weeks ago of a ring he designed in the shape of the African continent, with the Greatest Name in it. I absolutely adore it! I grew up in Nigeria, so seeing this made my heart explode!  



3) Charity Hofert's 9-pointed star ceramics!


4) Baha'i Coloring Pages (on Facebook)


5) Sam Cleasby's paintings & illustrations 
Baha'i Houses of Worship.
Bottom right - Shrine of Baha'u'llah
See more
6) Sophie's animations. HOW CUTE ARE THESE?! Watch:


7) Kat's photographs at the Holy Land. My friend Kat Dabalos-Khozein took a lot of amazing photographs during her service in Haifa. Here are some of her artistic shots!



8) The #EducationIsNotACrime campaign. I learnt about the campaign last year, right after watching their film "To Light A Candle". At first they called for videos from people around the world, then they started Paint the Change. This year they've gotten so many artists around the world join the campaign by drawing murals. 


This painting by Saba wasn't part of the campaign; it was
featured on Baha'i blog, and I found it so beautiful -
it also capture's the campaign's theme!

***

And here's my Lotus Temple lamp I got after my year of service in Lucknow last year. 
Isn't it beautiful!? I wonder if lamp shades in the shape of the other 
Baha'i temples are available too?