Wednesday 10 August 2016

Chia seeds (part II)

This week, I played around a bit with some fruits (which my Dad brought from his recent trip to Iran) and chia seeds! 

P.S I'm going to be fancy and name my creations :)

1. I am calling this "Blue cherry yoghurt"
At the bottom is blueberry flavored jelly, then chia seeds that I soaked in semi-sweet yoghurt, topped with cherries. This was such a delight to eat - the flavors were amazing (blueberry, cherries, yoghurt) - each of them not so sweet, though the jelly's flavor overpowered. The chia-yoghurt was a bit thick, so this dessert could very well pass as a pudding!

 2. I am calling this "Honey chia".  
This fruit is a type of melon. It's long and oval, with yellow skin. It tastes and smells as sweeeeet as your basic round honeydew. My family and I were eating this melon three nights in a row and it wasn't finishing, so I decided to juice it! I blended the melon with chia seeds AND evaporated milk. The evaporated milk made this very heavenly, because the melon was very sweet, so the milk balanced it. (I also love the smell of evaporated milk). This drink was very filling as well. 


3. I am calling this "Chia acid".
 I put apples, sour peaches, green & purple grapes, freshly squeezed orange juice into the blender. I'm a big fan of sour, so I loved it! I can't exactly point which fruit was the most overpowering, or where the tanginess came from (it had a sharp citrus taste, but the organge juice wasn't so much!), perhaps it was just the mix in general! It was very refreshing! I put chia seeds at the bottom of the glass, and when I poured the juice, the chia settled in the middle. Chia seeds are BEAUTIFUL! So I'm calling this "acid", because of being sour - perfect way to shake up your brain in the morning!


4. I am calling this "Shrek"
At the bottom is plain aloe-vera flavored jelly, then on top is another jelly I made (which fell apart) but it's banana-flavoured, with chia seeds and little green grapes inside the jelly. Shrek because of all the green! I plan to retry the chia-and-fruits inside the jelly again because this attempt didn't work out perfectly, but nevertheless, it was very fruitful! The grapes and jelly combined in one bite was something very new and interesting.