Sunday 31 July 2016

EuroTour: Paris (throwback!)

Paris: December 27 2014 - January 1 2015
How I spent the first morning in the hotel, as the family's
self-designated tour guide
We bought metro tickets valid for two days, worked on the metro and buses. 
These were a few of our stops/ seen through selfies:

Notre Dame Cathedral
Musee du Louvre (finding this place
was quite an adventure. This also happened
to be my favorite; considering I'm a big fan
of Dan Brown's art history novels)
Galeries Lafayette Haussman
Arc de triomphe
Eiffel Tower
a walk by the Seine (river)
Sacre Coeur
Jardin du Luxembourg
just because it's one of my most fave musicals!
About our food - we bought an electric cooker in England and carried it everywhere. A lot of the time, we went to grocery stores and cooked in our hotel room. Eating out every day can be really tiring/expensive, and sooner or later you start to miss home cooked meals, so buying the cooker was a life saver! 
This was one of our meals - rice, chicken, beacon and mushrooms! 

And of course, my brother and I decided we weren't going to leave Paris without trying escargot (snails!)

We were in the middle of winter, and not a day went by that my brother and I didn't stop for some warm crepes on the streets.Nutella was always my pick; ham and cheese his'.